Brides, you have enough on your plate these days without worrying about what to pack for your honeymoon. So we’ve partnered with Samantha Levis, founder of The Bold & Bridal (aka bridal stylist extraordinaire) to put together a series of style lookbooks for a few of our most popular honeymoon destinations (be sure to check out our Paris and Africa honeymoon guides too). And even if your wedding/honeymoon was postponed, all the more time to shop!
First up is the Maldives (though these tips could really apply to any tropical island location). Read on for tips on how to approach your honeymoon style and a few “must pack” pieces that will keep looking your bridal best even after you say “I do.”
THE BOLD & BRIDAL says…
“Resort-wear is my favorite hobby. Plain and simple. Although, I don’t pack plain and simple. I really like to lean into the luxe idea of resort and think of it as, ‘I can only wear this here.‘ I start with a color palette and work from there that way all pieces paint a picture and can be layered together.”
- A duster is a must. I love the drama of a long duster flowing with skin showing in a swimsuit under. The duster also doubles as a maxi dress for evening or would be cute with jean shorts and a tank underneath while keeping it open.
- A ‘show suit’ as I like to call it – like this one from Same Swim – is also a must – it will make all your Instagram dreams come true.
- A properly fitted and flattering one piece swimsuit is also a must. I love a bustier or underwire fit because the suit can double as a top with a skirt or jean shorts.
- A fancy slide or sandal will take you from day to night, as will wearable, comfy jewelry, like this Donni pearl choker. Throw it on for a pic by the pool or to wear to dinner.
- A hat is not only chic but also necessary for sun protection. This Janessa Leone hat is truly brilliant! It is ‘packable’ so you can scrunch it up in your carry-on and it pops back into shape.
- Don’t forget the cherries on top such as Supergoop’s Shimmershade eye tint and Glowscreen so you’re protected, but glowing.
LINKS (clockwise from top)
- Janessa Leone Zoe Packable Hat
- Just Bee Queen Silvia Tie-Front Linen Bandeau Top
- Just Bee Queen Mallorca Draped Linen Skirt
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Lip Kit
- WeWoreWhat Danielle One Piece, White
- Supergoop Shimmershade Eye Tint
- Dior Dway Embroidered Cotton Lurex Mule
- Donni June White Pearl Choker
- Supergoop Glowscreen
- We Are Leone Ditsy Floral Print Duster
- Same Swim The Grace Bikini Bottom, Baby Blue
- Same Swim The Grace Bikini Top, Baby Blue
- Bottega Veneta Transparent Oversized Round Sunglasses
- We Are Poolside The Mak Tote with Shells & Rhinestones
The Maldives are a quintessential dream honeymoon. I may be biased as I did my own honeymoon here, but if you’re looking for total relaxation, exclusivity and luxury, it’s hard to beat. It’s certainly a trek – pretty much a 24-hour haul no matter where you’re coming from in the States – but if you’re going to check it off your bucket list, your honeymoon is the time to do it.
There are SO many amazing hotels to choose from, which makes it fun to tailor to each different couple’s personal style and priorities.
Because it’s so remote, it actually works quite well to pair with a variety of different add-on locations. I’ve planned a Maldives honeymoon for my clients with… Europe (my husband and I did a long weekend in Paris “on our way” home), Dubai, Tokyo, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Hong Kong, Africa, Australia, and Bali.